Apartments for rent in Miami are high in demand! That’s not all folks..the prices for condos for rent in Miami beach just skyrocketed!
This is because at this stage of the year Miami is experiencing what we locals like to call “The Season”
The Season is a period of time starting in October to late March in Miami where all of the snowbirds from up north come down to Miami and frankly…get out of the snow!
Not only that, but it’s a landlords market! Owners of condo rentals in Miami beach for example capitalize on short term rentals. They know that people will pay premiums for short term rental apartments in Miami Fl, so the rates go up and the competition gets more fierce with each day closer to Christmas
Here are 5 tips for getting apartments in Miami before the competition does
- Use a Realtor. Using a Realtor will save you time and energy because they can plug you into the MLS system and it will update you as soon as that perfect, waterfront, 3 bedroom, condo rental in Miami Beach goes on the market. You can also rest assure that the owners aren’t in default or anything like that. Plus it’s FREE!
- Sign a 12 month lease. If you can, sign a lease longer than 6 months. You have to understand that during “The Season,” owners get multiple offers on their Brickell condos for rent all the time and if your contract says 12 months over all the other 6 month contracts, you’re moving in!
- Get a letter of recommendation. Nothing fancy, just a simple email printout from your previous landlord, or a colleague who trusts you. I guarantee that no other parties interested in the same condos for rent in Miami South Beach will have one, and the owner will go with you because of his/her gut feeling.
- Don’t look until you’re ready to move!. During this time, there is inventory being snapped up left and right. Best strategy to take is to look about 2 weeks before it’s time for you to move in. That way you can really zero in on the target for a week, send in a few offers, wait for a response, and get a condo approval (takes up to 5 days). Better yet, if you can do this with a new Miami condo that just went on the market!
- Be available to see property. In order to snap up rental apartments in Miami during the peak time of the year, you have to adopt a mindset where you are on call waiting to see inventory as it becomes available. Especially in units like The Flamingo Miami, or good deals in the Icon Brickell for example, there’s nothing worse than loosing a great rental due to poor timing.
So there you have it Miami!
A bulletproof way to find anything from Miami downtown apartment rentals to luxury condos for rent in Miami during “The Season.”
Please feel free to pass this along to whomever you feel might need help getting ready to find some apartments for rent in Miami.
And also, please check out our new Miami rental site here: http://apartmentsforrentinmiamii.com
If you have anything to add that we might have missed or anything you would like to comment on or suggest, please feel free to leave us a comment. we LOVE comments.